- Lilla McMillan (Tam), a junior for Tulane University, placed 3rd in the 400m Dash Final at the American Athletic Conference Meet. Lila’s time was 51.86. The race was won in 51.48 by Aiesha Goggins of East Carolina. According to Tulane Athletics “McMillan ran a time of 51.86 to beat her previous school-record time of 53.05 in the 400 meter dash finals. The junior has scored points in every single conference meet she has participated in, both indoors and outdoors. McMillan’s time of 51.86 is good for seventh place in the NCAA East Qualifying Region, and 12th in the entire NCAA.”
- Erik Olson (Novato), a senior at Stanford University, placed 2nd in the Men 10000 Meter Run at the PAC-12 Championships. Erik’s time was 29:36.75. The race was won in 29:34 by Ammar Mousa of Colorado. Erik Olson has qualified for the West prelims in the 1500m, 5000m and the 10000m.
- The top 48 in each event in each half of the country advance to the NCAA prelims. The West prelims are May 28-30 in Austin, Texas. The East prelims are in Jacksonville, Florida. The 2015 NCAA DI Track and Field Championships will be held in Eugene, Oregon on June 10-13.
- Anna Harleen (Branson), a freshman at Williams College, placed 1st in the Women 1500m Run at the NESCAC Outdoor T&F Championships. Anna’s time was 4:37.34. Anna placed 2nd and ran a personal best of 4:30.57 at the New England Division III Championships to qualify for the 2015 NCAA DIII National Championships to be held May 21-23 in Canton,NY. Anna is ranked 6th in the Women 1500m Run.
- Taylor Walton (Branson), a freshman at Occidental College, cleared 6-9 to place 1st at the SCIAC meet. Taylor then jumped to a personal best of 6 feet 10.25 inches at the Redlands Last Chance Meet. According to the Occidental College Athletic Department Press Release this mark moves Taylor ” up to seventh in NCAA Divison III and fourth all-time in Oxy program history. The mark almost certainly punches his ticket to the 2015 NCAA Division III National Championships next week in Canton, N.Y.”