Due to travel abroad ranMarin will not be updated until May 6, 2014.
There is a MCAL meet on April 30. Branson, Novato, San Rafael Due@Redwood.
The MCAL Championships will be held on Thurs. May 15 (Trials) and Sat. May 17 (Finals) at Novato High School.
MCAL Track Meets 4-23-14
Tam, Novato, Justin Sienna Tam, Nov, Justin VB 1 Tam, Nov, Justin VG Tam, Nov, Justin JVB
San Marin, Drake, San Rafael SM-D-SR 4-23-14
Terra Linda, Redwood, Marin Catholic TL, RW, MC
2014 MCAL TOP TIME LIST Courtesy of Robert McLennan
Branson’s Julia Maxwell with Coach Gill after setting new MCAL record
2014 ARCADIA INVITATIONAL Friday/Saturday April 11/12
Marin was represented by 3 athletes in the Saturday Night Invitational at Arcadia.
- August Kiles of Tam placed 2nd in the Pole Vault with 16-00.00., August holds the MCAL record at 16-04.00 from 2013.
- Julia Maxwell of Branson placed 13th in the Girls 3200m with the time of 10:26.75. Julia ran a PR to set a new MCAL record for this event.
- Fred Huxham of Redwood placed 10th in the Boys 3200m with the time of 8:55.03. Fred ran a PR to move to #2 on the MCAL list.
MCAL ALL TIME LIST https://ranmarin.files.wordpress.com/2012/02/mcalalltimetop10_2013.doc
2014 Arcadia Results http://www.arcadiainvitational.org/eprofile.php?event_id=63&title_id=87&do=title&folder_id=1067
Brandon Miles of Milesplit wrote an interesting article on the Girls Invitational 3200m. The 3200m is always very competitive but this year Alexa Efraimson will be in the race with the goal of setting a National Record. The current record is 9:52.03 set by Kim Mortensen in 1996. Alexa is entered with the time of 9:39.92 (converted from an Indoor 3km race). There are 15 girls entered with times below 10:30. To read the full article go to: http://usa.milesplit.com/articles/125379-get-pumped-for-arcadia-can-we-see-a-girls-3200-national-record#.U0XoYKhdV8E
SF State Distance Carnival Saturday, Apr 5, 2014
Clayton Hutchins (Drake), a freshman at Cal Poly, competed in the Men 1500m and ran a 5 second PR to place 5th in 3:49,37. The top 5 runners broke the meet record. Photo courtesy of Mike Fanelli who holds the SF State 10km record.
Clayton Hutchins with his parents
Photo courtesy of Tom Benjamin. The Girls 1600m race was won by the 2013 CA State 1600m champion Anna Maxwell in 4:43.27.
2014 Stanford Invitational
Lists, Accepted Entries, Live Results can be found courtesy of record timing http://www.rtspt.com/events/stanford/invite2014/
High School Friday results
- Boys 3000m Sec 1 9th James Kinney MA 8:53.67
- Girls Distance Medley Sec 1 9th Redwood 12:54.00
- Boys Distance Medley Sec 2 1st San Rafael 10:46.38
- Boys Distance Medley Sec 2 9th Drake 10:58.54
High School Saturday results
- Girls 1 mile Sec 1 8th Julia Maxwell Branson 5:01.73
- Girls 1 mile Sec 2 8th Anna Harleen Branson 5:09.23
- Boys 1 mile Sec 1 1st Fred Huxham Redwood 4:15.80
- Boys 1 mile Sec 2 10th Nassim Kabbara San Rafael 4:28.58
- Boys 4 X 100 relay 2nd Novato 42.14
- Boys 4 X 800m relay Sec 1 5th Drake 8:07.76
- Boys 4 X 800m relay Sec 1 13th San Rafael 8:25.91
- Boys 400m Sec 3 8th Ryan Aylas Tam 51.74
- Girls High Jump 9th Jordan Winters Branson 5-00.25
- Boys Pole Vault 1st August Kiles Tam 16-00.00
Novato Boys 4 X 100m Relay
Huxham places 1st in 1600m
Stanford’s Erik Olson (Novato) competed in the Men 1500m Sec 2 to finish 3rd in 3:45.04. He came back later in the evening to rabbit the Mens 5000m.
Send any corrections or additions to firstname.lastname@example.org